Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Custom Kitchen Island

So I just wanted to do a quick post this week about my sister and her husband who are doing AMAZING things to their house. They bought a GORGEOUS old 1901 house, with tons of character, and tons of work to be done:) They have been doing lots of great projects, and their most recent one I saw was just beautiful, so beautiful I couldn't wait to share it here...



So this custom kitchen island used to be an old dresser, and this is how it all started:

sorry a little blurry:) but an old dresser ...

They took off the top, and painted the dresser and drawers.  Next they added an oak top and stained and framed it.  



They put some bead board onto the back, and some custom shelves to the lower bottom sides, stained to match the top:





Four painted legs, some painted bar stools, and some new hardware, and tah-dah! They have an amazing custom kitchen island!!!!


They really have worked wonders in this kitchen and it is so inspiring for our future home someday. These are some before shots of their kitchen when they moved in: 


oh my.....





Between the carpet, (or lack of in places), the peeling faux finished wall paper, peeling paint on walls, and faux wood grained cabinets, they had the work cut out for then...



Here is after the worked their magic:
mmmmmm.....


This is my adorable niece enjoying her new kitchen:) love her to pieces:)

New tiles floors, paint, and cabinets all painted, its BEAUTIFUL:)


My sister and her husband got some real talent, wanna see their house in progress? HERE is her Facebook link to the album to see more pictures of the process!!

Have a great week!!! See ya soon, hopefully Thursday, but maybe not. My little sister is graduating from college this Friday and I get to go see it!!! YEAH!





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks so flippin classy! Love the bottom color on their walls and looove the wood stain. Everything is perfection.

Anonymous said...

Amanda! What the heck? Why are you so cool? How did you even think of that-I am so impressed!

custom kitchen toronto said...

his blog Is very informative, I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog. It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe you will do much better in the future. Good job web master.

Unknown said...

great blog..thanks for sharing such a nice post..
kitchen cabinets vancouver

Web Honerks said...

It is helpful and useful for me. Thank you.
kitchen cabinet renovation

Unknown said...

So cool!!! Good job on redoing the kitchen. Loved the island.

Anonymous said...

Great job!